Pages

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Valentine Gift Ideas

My husband and I have agreed that Valentine's Day is overrated; it's simply a hallmark holiday. A day created to generate money for the card and flower industry. I know what you're saying..."how unromantic," but really, have you looked at the price of cards lately?

Now before you go and judge me, and think I'm a heartless villain, know that I haven't thrown out Valentine's Day all together. I have a few inexpensive ideas to make your loved one feel special on Valentine's Day!

Instead of buying a Valentine's card, why not make one yourself. Our family does this for any card-worthy occasion. Find some pretty card stock or scrapbook paper, and let your creativity flow! Not sure what to write, google "romantic poems" or just write from the heart.


One year my husband took one of my favorite love poems and put it in a frame. Viola!




Last year to surprise my husband on Valentine's Day I thought up "100 Reasons I Love You!" and wrote each reason on a pink heart I cut out of card stock. Before he woke up that morning I taped them all over the fridge! Needless to say he was quite surprised!


Have a romantic candlelight dinner at HOME!  Send the kids to a babysitter or a friends house, and make your spouse their favorite meal. Turn down the lights, put on some romantic music, and enjoy a nice Valentine's dinner with your love.

1 comment:

  1. Great money saving ideas, maybe I will do something like this for my wife.

    ReplyDelete